Sometimes I wish...
… my life was more interesting, filled with more adventures and laughter.
… (actually,
often I wish) we lived overseas in Europe. I would LOVE to immerse myself in another
culture and get lost in old European towns and walk on cobblestone
streets. Don’t listen to my family, they
say I would not be a good ex-pat. I
think I would.
… I wasn’t so cold all the time. If I lived in a bubble of 78°, I would wear
sweats and be happy. Then again, if I
owned appropriate clothing for weather under 75° maybe that would help.
… I was more positive, especially when it
comes to myself.
… I had followed my dream of being a
doctor, or a nurse.
… I could deny my sweet tooth. Hubby has excellent self-control. Me? Not
so much.
But then I remember…
… I am incredibly blessed. I have a faithful husband who loves me, a roof
over my head, a super-cute fur-baby, family that lives close and a job (with my
brothers and my dad, no less).
… I am fearfully and wonderfully made. (See Psalm 139:14)
… I am a work in progress. See my favorite quote by John Newton:
“I am not what I ought to be.
I am not what I want to be.
I am not what I hope to be.
But still, I am not what I used to be.
And by the grace of God, I am what I am.”
I am not what I want to be.
I am not what I hope to be.
But still, I am not what I used to be.
And by the grace of God, I am what I am.”
xoxo,
Comments
Post a Comment