Skip to main content

Life Happens

Whew!  I'm back!  Please excuse my absence...I have been abnormally busy these past few weeks, and since I'm not a great 'regular blogger' anyway, it's taken me a while to get back into the swing of things!

So, to catch you up on life, here is a really quick update!

New Apartment/New Part of Town
We have moved!  Why?  We are going to start house-hunting here in a few months (woohoo!).  Basically, in order for us to afford a house in Houston in a good/safe neighborhood, a good school district, and a good location for Hubby's work, we would have to be rich!  I know, sounds like a #firstworldproblem.

We previously lived in a ~990sq ft apartment in Houston.  (see pic below)  It really was a great apartment with great amenities and in a good location for life (church, going out to eat, shopping, etc), just not ideal traffic-wise for Hubby's job.  We loved our 2 years there. 

I'll get the hang of my panoramic view one day! Check out those edges! ^^
So, in narrowing down our pre-house-hunt search, we chose a location just south of Houston.  And yes, since I am a born and bred west-Houston girl, I cannot refer to where we live as Houston!  Call me bias, but this is not Houston, as evidenced by the photo below.
Right on, sir.  Yeehaw.
No, your eyes are not deceiving you.  That is a man, riding a horse, ACROSS THE STREET!  OMG!  That would never happen in Houston!  Haha.  Anyway, we have moved in to a 740sq ft apt (omg - small!) to see if we like the area before we commit to buying a house there.  Seems like a pretty smart idea if you ask me (because I thought of it!).  This is our tee-ninecy apartment.  Our furniture doesn't even fit, so it is randomly shoved in corners and pushed back against the wall.  Oh what a fun 6-months this will be!
Shove all the furniture in - make it fit!
New Job
Yep!  I am excited to announce that I will be starting my new job next Wednesday, on the 10th.  I will be working in the Med Center at an Orthopaedic clinic as a Clinical Assistant.  Back to my roots!  It is bittersweet to be leaving my family business.  It was fun to work for my dad and with my brothers, but I am excited about this new job.  It is also a lot closer to our new apartment.  I just don't think I could do this hour-long commute for long - it is killing me already and it's only been 4 days!

That is about all that is going on right now.  It might not seem like a lot to everyone, but it was just enough to have me super busy and super tired!  I am so grateful for my mom who helped us move and for Hubby (for so many reasons).  He really does work hard, y'all, and doesn't really complain.  And for that, I am appreciative!

And since I didn't link up for Oh, How Pinteresting yesterday, I'll leave you with a picture of how my mornings go, and how my alarm should look.  Hehe ;)
xoxo

Comments