Skip to main content

How Can I Help?

It has been several days since the elementary school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, and I know our nation is steel reeling from this attack.  I am not a mom or a teacher, I did not know any of the victims, I did not know the shooter.  Still, I was surprised at how this news affected me.  It is incredibly sad to me that tragedies like this happen.  It is incredibly sad that the shooter (in this case, in Columbine's case, in any other case...) feels like his rampage is a good decision.  Whether or not you are a proponent of teachers carrying guns and children being locked down at school everyday...be pro-prayer.  In my opinion, our nation is in a fragile state, in every facet imaginable.  We need to be prayer warriors for America.  For our leaders.  For our children.  For our future. 

I receive a daily devotional from the Proverbs 31 ministry.  The one that was sent today offers a new perspective on how we can help.  There are groups organizing sending cards, money and meals (which are all great and very helpful)...but how about prayer?  Take a look at how Lysa TerKeurst suggests we pray for the families of the victims, specifically the moms who lost their babies.

 
I know the families are thankful for your prayers!

Comments