“Have
patience, have patience,
don’t be in such a hurry;
when you get impatient,
you only start to worry.
Remember, remember,
that God is patient too -
and think of all the times that He
has been patient with you!”
don’t be in such a hurry;
when you get impatient,
you only start to worry.
Remember, remember,
that God is patient too -
and think of all the times that He
has been patient with you!”
That is a song we learned
waayyy back in the good ‘ole days in Sunday School. (I also remember the clean-up song…but maybe
that one was from Barney?!) Anyhow, the saying
is true: “Patience is a virtue” - and
of it, I have little to none. I’m
working on it! :/
Just recently I got frustrated,
and I mean FRUSTRATED, with a craft I was making. Really?
I know. It’s a craft for crying
out loud. And yes, crafting made me lose
my mind. By the end of the evening, the
craft was on the floor – and so was I. Why
was I so frustrated? Because I couldn’t
wait one more day to get it done. I was
just so excited to see it come to fruition that I had to have it done. And it
got the better of me! I just couldn’t be
patient. Ridiculous! (I have to say, my craft turned out looking
fabulous, after, of course, I slept on it!)
I feel like the same is true of
house-hunting. Hubby and I will begin to
look for houses in the next year, and I am SO very ready to be in a house that
I can hardly stand it! I find myself driving
around my favorite neighborhoods just a-dreamin’ of pulling into my very own
driveway. That seems normal,
right?? But I just can’t shake it. Daily I am growing impatient. I am tired of living in an apartment. I am tired of renting. I am tired of living on the 2nd
floor. I am tired! I literally can.not.wait until we can buy a
house. But I have to remember that it
takes time! I need the patience. And boy am I grateful that the Lord is
patient with me. How many times have I
run away from His plans, taken a detour on the way, or just dismissed them altogether? He is good, loving, gracious, patient and faithful.
I have been studying the book
of Genesis with some friends over the past year, and over and over we see God’s
faithfulness to fulfill his promise to Abraham and His patience with
Abraham. Abe didn’t always respond to God’s
call immediately. Sometimes he took a
detour to get there, and all the while, God was providing and He was patient.
Like I said, thank the Lord for
His patience with us (me)! I might have
ended up on the floor several times in my life if it weren’t for patience and
grace! So, this week I am trying to have
more patience. Be more conscious of
it. And I even sing that song if I need
to.
Peace, love and patience!
xoxo
-jo-
Comments
Post a Comment