Skip to main content

5 year anniversary in Hawaii! (and a long overdue update)

On this lovely overcast Sunday morning both W and I are sick.  I have been fighting this since Tuesday, and W just started feeling poorly yesterday.  So, naturally, we are lying low today and resting on this 3 day weekend.

While I was lying on the couch watching an NCIS marathon (the best) I was looking through my Bloglovin' app and catching up on the blogs that I follow when it occurred to me - I need to post something new on my blog!  Then I looked, and wowie - I haven't update my blog since April! (but let's be honest...am I the only one that reads this?)

We have had a lot going on, and to tell you the truth, I honestly haven't even thought about my blog.  Let me clue you in.  In May, we bought our first house, went to Hawaii for our 5 year wedding anniversary, and and soon as we got back started renovations on our house.  Every second that I'm not at work I am painting, cleaning, or at Lowe's - I am sleeping.  This is an exhausting process, y'all.  But it will be so worth it (it better be!) once we are finished.  I will be posting a series of "Before and After" pics for each room as we finish it - but we have a lot to do!

Today's post is going to focus on our 5 year anniversary.  We have had a trying year to say the least, so we decided to go big for our anniversary.  We returned to the exact hotel on the Big Island of Hawaii that we went to for our honeymoon.  We really wanted to have a great vacation, de-stress from work, and celebrate all that the Lord has done for us in our 5 years of marriage.  We (well, mainly me) needed the time to re-focus.  We had a GREAT time.  I am already planning our 10 year anniversary!

Here are a few pics of our trip (I have not edited any of them yet).  Enjoy! :) 
(Hint:  click the pic to make it larger if you need to)


the view of the resort from our room

beautiful view of the ocean/cove from our room
we hiked down a little trail and got some outstanding pics of the Pololu Valley
another view of the stunning valley!
a view from the other side of the cove, looking towards our hotel
W snuck this pic of me exploring the bay
just before dinner on our actual anniversary, May 30th

playing around on our drive around the Island


another gorgeous waterfall we hiked to on the opposite side of the Island.

W waiting in our rental for me as I shot photos of our last sunset in Hawaii - hottie!

“It is about the greatness of God, not the significance of man.
God made man small and the universe big to say something about himself.”

— John Piper

We have tons more pics, but these are just a few of my favorites.  I hope to update soon with the progress of the house!

Here's to another great 5 years with my main man.  :)
xoxo



Comments