hello :)
Well, it's been quite a while since I've updated. I really have no exciting or interesting reason why. I guess life is just happening and got in the way. So, I'm diving right in.
As we approach Thanksgiving this year, I got to thinking about our Kates family traditions for this holiday. We always eat the same meal (very delicious, mom!), sit in the same seats at the table and find ourselves stuffed from our feast and napping in front of the T.V. That is what I have thought of Thanksgiving for years. Of course, I am, as I'm sure everyone else is, more aware of what I am thankful for on this day (like the fact that our country is extra-proud to be American and extra-thankful for our troops and their sacrifice on say, July 4). When we were younger, mom made us pass around a basket of corn (as I recall...) at the dinner table. When the basket got to you, you took out a corn husk and had to say 1 thing you were thankful for. This was always embarrassing for me, though I cannot tell you why. I tell you this because now that Warren and I have started our own "family" with our own "traditions", I really wanted a way that we could exercise our minds and really be thankful.
I saw the idea for this "Thankful Tree" on Pinterest. I quickly ran out to Michael's to get supplies to make a more wallet-friendly version. Needless to say, it's not fabulous, but I am happy with it. Everyday in November, Warren and I have been writing down 1 thing we are thankful for, then we attach it to our "Thankful Tree". This has been a great exercise! We have had to think out of the box of the normal family, friends, shelter and jobs to come up with some things we are thankful for. I have to say, it has been really fun trying to think of things. Here is a picture of what it looks like, 20 days in!
I challenge you to think of things daily that you are thankful for. And always remember whom you are thankful TO -- God! He has made all things possible.
1 Thess. 5:18
"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you..."
peace, love and lots of turkey!
Jo
Well, it's been quite a while since I've updated. I really have no exciting or interesting reason why. I guess life is just happening and got in the way. So, I'm diving right in.
As we approach Thanksgiving this year, I got to thinking about our Kates family traditions for this holiday. We always eat the same meal (very delicious, mom!), sit in the same seats at the table and find ourselves stuffed from our feast and napping in front of the T.V. That is what I have thought of Thanksgiving for years. Of course, I am, as I'm sure everyone else is, more aware of what I am thankful for on this day (like the fact that our country is extra-proud to be American and extra-thankful for our troops and their sacrifice on say, July 4). When we were younger, mom made us pass around a basket of corn (as I recall...) at the dinner table. When the basket got to you, you took out a corn husk and had to say 1 thing you were thankful for. This was always embarrassing for me, though I cannot tell you why. I tell you this because now that Warren and I have started our own "family" with our own "traditions", I really wanted a way that we could exercise our minds and really be thankful.
I saw the idea for this "Thankful Tree" on Pinterest. I quickly ran out to Michael's to get supplies to make a more wallet-friendly version. Needless to say, it's not fabulous, but I am happy with it. Everyday in November, Warren and I have been writing down 1 thing we are thankful for, then we attach it to our "Thankful Tree". This has been a great exercise! We have had to think out of the box of the normal family, friends, shelter and jobs to come up with some things we are thankful for. I have to say, it has been really fun trying to think of things. Here is a picture of what it looks like, 20 days in!
1 Thess. 5:18
"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you..."
peace, love and lots of turkey!
Jo
such an awesome idea Jordan!! i'm inspired to come up with a new tradition for us, especially to get the girls involved and really thinking about what they are thankful for. thanks for sharing!! I think this will be a great tradition for you and Warren to carry on throughout the years.
ReplyDelete