Hello friends!
So, we are mostly settled in Houston! Warren has begun his job, and I have begun working part time for a dental office. With the exception of a few curtains and wall decorations, things are falling together. We are getting into our routine, meeting new friends, and exploring Houston.
I know what you're thinking. "Jordan, you grew up in Houston, what is there to explore?" (Or maybe you weren't thinking that. Now you are!) Well, that's easy. I grew up with everything in about a 10-15 miles radius of our house - school, church, grocery store, gymnastics, swim team, friend's houses, driver's ed...you name it! So as I introduce Warren to "my" city, we are learning together. How? When we decide to go out to eat for a date night, we usually try and pick somewhere we haven't been, somewhere I faintly remember is cool, or somewhere that some random website rates as a "good eat".
Warren has been out of town for training for ~4 days now. I have gone stir crazy! (Hence the blog update!) I have cleaned a lot, organized even more, and had my amazing parents over for dinner. I can honestly say they were our first real "guests" in our home, Houston or Baton Rouge, that I have actually cooked for! Never mind we have been married for over 2 years! ;) Being the self-reliant and independent person I am, I have enjoyed the solitude, but I must admit - I am so ready to see Warren!
So, as I said, Warren has been out of town for a while. I am going to join him tomorrow! We are staying in New Jersey, but going to NYC during the days. I. CANNOT. WAIT. New York has to be one of my top 3 places EVER. I think New York, London, and Paris are all 3 tied for first place!) I am stoked. We won't be there for long, but I intend to fully soak up the hustle and bustle! The last time I went to NYC, I was with my mom, and I was turning 21. We had a great time. I fully expect to thoroughly enjoy this trip as well. Pictures (and stories, I'm sure) to come after we return! But for now, it's off to finish packing.
Gross. I hate packing. I wish I could pay someone to do it for me. *Sigh* Oh, the things I will do to get to NYC! ;)
until next time, peace love and NYC
xoxo
jo
So, we are mostly settled in Houston! Warren has begun his job, and I have begun working part time for a dental office. With the exception of a few curtains and wall decorations, things are falling together. We are getting into our routine, meeting new friends, and exploring Houston.
I know what you're thinking. "Jordan, you grew up in Houston, what is there to explore?" (Or maybe you weren't thinking that. Now you are!) Well, that's easy. I grew up with everything in about a 10-15 miles radius of our house - school, church, grocery store, gymnastics, swim team, friend's houses, driver's ed...you name it! So as I introduce Warren to "my" city, we are learning together. How? When we decide to go out to eat for a date night, we usually try and pick somewhere we haven't been, somewhere I faintly remember is cool, or somewhere that some random website rates as a "good eat".
Warren has been out of town for training for ~4 days now. I have gone stir crazy! (Hence the blog update!) I have cleaned a lot, organized even more, and had my amazing parents over for dinner. I can honestly say they were our first real "guests" in our home, Houston or Baton Rouge, that I have actually cooked for! Never mind we have been married for over 2 years! ;) Being the self-reliant and independent person I am, I have enjoyed the solitude, but I must admit - I am so ready to see Warren!
So, as I said, Warren has been out of town for a while. I am going to join him tomorrow! We are staying in New Jersey, but going to NYC during the days. I. CANNOT. WAIT. New York has to be one of my top 3 places EVER. I think New York, London, and Paris are all 3 tied for first place!) I am stoked. We won't be there for long, but I intend to fully soak up the hustle and bustle! The last time I went to NYC, I was with my mom, and I was turning 21. We had a great time. I fully expect to thoroughly enjoy this trip as well. Pictures (and stories, I'm sure) to come after we return! But for now, it's off to finish packing.
Gross. I hate packing. I wish I could pay someone to do it for me. *Sigh* Oh, the things I will do to get to NYC! ;)
until next time, peace love and NYC
xoxo
jo
Comments
Post a Comment